Mix ½ tsp Turmeric Powder + 1 tsp Amla Powder + ½ tbsp Methi Seeds Powder in half glass of water and take daily in the morning on empty stomach
India today is slowly turning into the World Diabetes Capital and there is an alarming increase in the cases of heart related ailments due to changes in lifestyle which are slowly deteriorating the overall health of a person, reducing his life span. Ayurveda can play an important role in curbing both these life threatening diseases if used in the right way. its been proved that by making changes to your lifestyle and eating habbits it is possible to treat diabetes with ayurveda.
India is now a capital in the diabetes world and due to the changed and unhealthy lifestyle cases of ailments like heart problems, kidney disorders are increasing with a very rapid rate. Diabetes leads to overall deterioration of the health of an individual and thus reducing the lifespan. Diabetes occurs when your body stops creating INSULIN which is required to absorb the excess of glucose in the body.
There are some foods that a diabetic patient should avoid eating to treat diabetes with ayurveda:
- Sweet Fruits
- Deep Fried foods
- Red Meat
Also there are some foods which are proven to be effective and safe for diabetic patients these are:
- Moong, lentils, Masoor, Moong Daal, Soya bean products, Chana Daal.
- Vegetables like Palak, Leafy greens, Dudhi, Turai, Padwal, Barley, Green Millet, Ragi, karela
Some tips for managing blood sugar levels are:
- Avoid smoking
- Sleep adequately
- Check blood sugar levels periodically
- Check weight periodically and maintain ideal body weight
- Reduce alcohol
- Have a 40 minutes of daily walk
- Monitor your blood pressure as diabetes and blood pressure are very closely related.
- Always keep some glucose or some form of sweets with you when going outside. At times when your sugar level drops these sweets will help you regain your glucose level in your body.
Practicing Panchakarma can be very beneficial to treat diabetes with. It is very good for heart functioning and managing stress. Diabetic patient at times often face hypertension. The art of Shirodhara which includes massage of head and back with special medicated oils can be very helpful to balance emotions.
Panchakarma should always be done under some senior Ayurvedic Specialist’s guidance